Hampstead - Middlesex - England

• Mark Smith

• Tom Dunn

• Peter Brown

Reviews for Hampstead

Description: A tranquil and traditional 9-hole golf course lies in wait for unsuspecting golfers at Hampstead Golf Club, just a few miles from central London. Rating: 4.5 out of 6 Reviews: 2

Don't be deceived by the fact that this is only a nine hole course - it is a serious, yet pleasant, challenge. You need to think your way around the course; its hilly nature has a big impact (sometimes positive, sometimes negative) on how far you can drive and on which club to use for your approach. The greens were fast and true. A great thing about 9 hole courses is that, on the back 9 you should know your way around better than you did on the front 9. Sadly my golf did not reflect this but that was not the fault of the course! Great fun and well worth the visit.
Hampstead
November 13, 2015

An established 9-hole course with a par of 34, looks easy on paper but not the case on the course. Short par-4 first should be a good start to your card and maybe the par-3 third also. The other seven holes all have to be played well in order to score well – no giveaways. Hampstead is well inside the London boundary but here at the golf course you have an instant feeling of calm and well being. A very traditional welcome awaits and this is extended to visitors as well as the members. Overall I enjoyed the course and it is worth playing – for me it is good but being only 9-holes is the reason that I can only rate as a 4-ball; if there were 9 more of the same quality, then no problem with a 5-ball rating.
Hampstead
January 29, 2008

Nat Ball
May 06, 2010
I fully agree with it being an interesting and pleasant course, but by "traditional welcome" do you mean old school, down-the-nose attitude? My friend and I got a thoroughly unpleasant welcome from the club pro who insisted on taking us outside the pro shop so we could demonstrate our swings before he would allow us on the course. I've never encountered anything like it. Completely ruined the mood for the round. Will never go again and will never recommend this place to anyone. 4 balls for the course, minus 4 balls for the attitude. Zero balls overall.
Ross
July 29, 2011
Hampstead is a hidden gem just a few miles from the hustle of London town. A beautiful little course with traditional values and well over 100 years of history with a great variation of holes.
James Broderick
September 16, 2015
I was recently invited to play in the Hampstead Health Pro Am by one of the committee members which took place on the 7th September 2015. The course was in fantastic condition and this has to be credited to the new green keeper who recently joined from Celtic Manor. It’s hard to believe that there is such a great golf club in the heart of London and I will certainly be looking to play there more in the future as the course is a real test. The Pro Am had a full turnout and the members gave off a friendly and welcoming vibe…I would agree that the course is a real Gem!