Founded in 1914 by six defectors from the Philadelphia Cricket Club, Sunnybrook Golf Club had a Donald Ross-designed course in play within twelve months of its formation.
Unfortunately, a highway dissected parts of the Ross course, so the club was forced to move to its present location at the old William Disston farm in the mid-1950s. Fortunately, the members commissioned the father and son team of William and David Gordon to fashion a new spacious, open layout.
Today's green complexes are impressively bunkered following a 2007 in-house greens and bunker renovation and recently the course was described “as
beautifully simple in its architecture, very tough, but also very playable” by Mr. Top 100, the intrepid Rudo.