Tot Hill Farm - North Carolina - USA

3185 Tot Hill Farm Road,
Asheboro,
North Carolina (NC) 27205,

Reviews for Tot Hill Farm

Description: The course at Tot Hill Farm Golf Club is a tough-as-nails Mike Strantz creation that wends its way in thrilling style around and over creeks and rock formations. Rating: 2 out of 10 Reviews: 1
Richard Smith

First off I have to say I am a big Mike Stranz fan. I have played Caledonia and True Blue multiple times through the years and I am a big fan of Tobacco Road. On a recent trip to North Carolina I decided to take a trip to Tot Hill Farm to play another of his designs. Unfortunately Tot Hill Farm was a huge disappointment. The course is quite out of the way in Asheboro, North Carolina and is really not convenient to take in during a trip to the Pinehurst area. I also think the land is just too severe to make a decent golf course out of. He slopes are so severe that the course is utterly unwalkable and the course has such severe slopes that some of the shots play 15 yards up or downhill or more. I get the feeling that this is Stranz’s Castle course. At the Castle course I think an excellent architect (David McLay Kidd) decided to see what he could get away with as a designer and he crossed over the line and built a difficult and unenjoyable course to play. Tot Hill Farm falls into this same category. There is one severe sloped hole after another with some greens bordering on the ridiculous ( the bizarre rock horseshoe shaped and rock protected green on the par 5 fifth comes to mind)

We ran into three groups from around he world (Japan, France and Germany) that cam to play Tot Hill because of the reputation of Mike Stranz but I came away very disappointed. In addition to the course the conditioning was very bad and I have concerns whether the course will be able to sustain itself financially in the future.

April 25, 2019