Owned and operated by the Musqueam Indian Band, University Golf Club was originally called Westward Ho! when it first opened in 1929. It’s a public access facility which is located in Pacific Spirit Regional Park, close to downtown Vancouver, with the club not offering memberships of any description, hence its moto of “non-members only”.
Today, the course extends to 6,423 yards from the back tees, playing to a par of 72, and holes are arranged on the 130-acre property as two returning nines. The clubhouse and holes 1 to 10 are located on one side of University Boulevard which runs through the middle of the layout, with the remaining holes laid out across the road.
Highlight holes include the two strongest par fours on the card at the 395-yard 3rd and 421-yard 13th, along with the shortest of the par fives at the 448-yard 14th which runs alongside the main road. The last of the par threes is played at the 196-yard 16th, before the left doglegging 17th then the right doglegging 18th conclude the round.