La Crosse Country Club dates back to 1900 but the club upped sticks and moved out of town to the east of Onlaska in 1994 to a thoroughly modern course that Arthur Hills routed through and over two large wooded valleys.
Hawk's View Golf Club lies on a 300-acre property a little to the north of Lake Geneva and it features two distinctively different courses.
Geneva National Golf Resort features three 18-hole layouts and the Gary Player Signature Course was the last to arrive in 1995 when the first nine holes opened for play.
Founded in 1898, Kenosha Country Club appointed Donald Ross and his assistant Walter B Hatch to set out a new course for the membership in 1921. Today, the layout extends to just over 6,500 yards, playing to a par of 70.
Debuting in 2004, the 18-hole layout at Big Fish Golf Club is a new millennium Pete Dye design. Located close to the old logging town of Hayward, this course lets nature and the game of golf exist together in total harmony.
A 1967 Ken Killian and Dick Nugent collaboration, Tuckaway Country Club burst onto the scene in 1973 when the club first hosted the Greater Milwaukee Open on the PGA Tour. Tuckaway went on to stage twenty-one consecutive editions before the event moved to Brown Deer Park until its demise in 2009.
The course at Bishops Bay Country Club is a 1994 Bob Lohmann creation where the backdrop of Lake Mendota and the Madison skyline at the 18th will be remembered long after the final putt has dropped. Oliphant Golf performed a bunker renovation in 2019.
The original 18-holes at Trappers Turn Golf Club were the result of a partnership between 2-time US Open winner Andy North and architect Roger Packard back in 1991.
Founded in 1893 by Irish Immigrants, Eagle Springs lays claim to being the oldest golf resort in Wisconsin. Originally built as an 18-hole course, which contracted to nine holes in 1929, its architectural provenance may be sketchy, but the “Volcano” par three 2nd is anything but.
There are 27 golf holes on the House on the Rock property and the original 18 were the work of the legendary architect Robert Trent Jones.