Chicago Highlands - Illinois - USA

Chicago Highlands,
2 Bluebird Trail,
Westchester,
Illinois (IL) 60154,

The Arthur Hills-designed golf course at Chicago Highlands Club is just one of the many sporting amenities available at the first family-friendly country club to open in the western suburbs of the Windy City in more than eighty years.

Reviews for Chicago Highlands

Description: The Arthur Hills-designed course at Chicago Highlands Club is one of the many sporting amenities available at the first family-friendly country club to open in the western suburbs of the Windy City in more than 80 years. Rating: 4 out of 10 Reviews: 1
Brian LaBardi

I ranked Chicago Highlands average only because it is well-maintained. The golf course is absolutely terrible. This used to be a landfill and I think I would rather visit that site. I’ve never been a fan of Arthur Hills design, and this is one of his worst efforts. There are a lot of blind shots and several idiotically designed holes such as a par three with an incredibly narrow yet lengthily green nestled between two giant mounds of what used to be garbage. I seem to recall another severely uphill par four with no features of any kind other than a tremendous drop off behind the green. To make matters worse, the membership seems to pride themselves on the excessive speed in the greens. I played the North course at Olympia Fields the day before playing here and their greens weren’t nearly this fast. Extraordinarily deep rough combined with outrageously slippery greens and terrible design made for the worst golf experience at a private club I have ever had.

September 22, 2019