Crews Hill Golf Club dates back to 1913, when seven founding members obtained a 5-year lease on a tract of land from Trinity College, Cambridge at a cost of £200 per annum.
The South Herts professional Harry Vardon surveyed the site and gave it his approval, prompting the founders to approach Harry Colt to set out a course.
Unfortunately, The Great War intervened and the layout wasn’t completed until 1922. Little has changed on this 110-acre property outside Enfield since.
Today, the course extends to almost 6,300 yards, playing to a par of 70 (36 out and 34 in), with holes arranged as two sets of returning nines.
Highlight holes include the first (and longest) of the five par three at the 183-yard 3rd, along with the only par five on the back nine at the left doglegging 504-yard 16th, which plays to a bunkerless green.