Easter Moffat Golf Club was established in 1922, with a 9-hole course serving the golfing needs of the founding members who operated the club from an old wooden Army hut.
The layout was doubled in size immediately after World War II and at some point thereafter the membership managed to secure the former mansion house on the Easter Moffat estate as a rather impressive permanent clubhouse.
Today, the course offers a mature mix of parkland and moorland holes, where tree-lined, though reasonably forgiving, fairways provide an excellent test of golf for players of all abilities.
Measuring 6,267 yards from the back tees, Easter Moffat plays to a par of 72, with a standard scratch score of 71. The difficult 6th hole is rated a par four off the regular tees so the overall par is set at 71, with the SSS reduced to 69.
The fairways are laid out across three distinct parcels of land. Holes 1- 5 and 16-18 are situated closest to the clubhouse, hole 6 and 11-15 occupy a site on the other side of a back road, with the remaining holes (7-10) located on the opposite side of the road.
There are only three par threes on the scorecard, the last (and shortest) of which is played from an elevated tee position to a sand-protected green at the back of the clubhouse.
First time visitors should also beware of punishing back-to-back par fours on the back nine at the 456-yard 12th and 433-yard 13th, where a big score can easily be run up at either of these holes.