St Neots is the oldest golf club in Cambridgeshire, founded in 1890. The club moved to its present site in 1912 when Harry Vardon laid out a new 9-hole course for the members.
A further nine holes were added in the mid 1960s when land became available to the north of the River Kym, forming the attractive 18-hole parkland course that’s in play today.
“Water features strongly on the front nine,” writes David Hamilton in The Golfers Guide to East Anglia, “but only wild play will find a watery grave coming home. Perhaps the 7th is the signature hole which requires an accurate tee shot across the river.”