St Neots - Cambridgeshire - England

Crosshall Road,
ST. Neots,
Cambridgeshire,
PE19 7GE,

A further nine holes were added in the mid 1960s when land became available to the north of the River Kym, forming the attractive 18-hole parkland course that’s in play today.

“Water features strongly on the front nine,” writes David Hamilton in The Golfers Guide to East Anglia, “but only wild play will find a watery grave coming home. Perhaps the 7th is the signature hole which requires an accurate tee shot across the river.”

Reviews for St Neots

Description: St Neots is the oldest golf club in Cambridgeshire, founded in 1890. The club moved to its present site in 1912 when Harry Vardon laid out a new 9-hole course for the members. Rating: 6.5 out of 10 Reviews: 2
Mark

Its a real surprise as you walk round the fairly plain 1990s looking club house to see the gorgeous looking fairways of the 18th and 1st, fantastic fairway definition that wouldn't look our of place at a championship course. Its not the longest of courses which was quite refreshing as I could keep the driver in the bag for most of the round, intrestingly I wonder if that's one of the reasons I had my best score of the year at 7 over, amazingly without any birdies! I really enjoyed the round and my wife also rated the course. The outside seating area is right next to the 18th green which makes it interesting to sit and watch the golfers coming in, its worth while making sure you are facing down the fairway! The pro was super friendly and helpful as I had made mistake with our booking but he really helped get us out. My first experience of playing in Cambridgeshire and certainly a memorable one.

May 01, 2022

James Smith

I played here today and the first thing I have to say is how on earth is the course only ranked 10th on this list. Personally after now playing all but one course in this list I must say this needs to be a top 5 if not top 3 course. I completely and utterly prejudge this golf course I assumed stupidly due to its ranking it would be like undeserving of a visit and well I am currently eating Humble Pie. The history of this course is quite fascinating within the oldest in the county and the staff are very happy to tell you about its history and why they believe there course should be a much higher rating. Now onto the actual golf course the fairways where in unbelievable condition and I think these are the best greens I’ve played in Cambridge. The course layout is quite good apart from the walk from the first to the second however with this only been one hole you’re more than happy to deal with it. The course plays very narrow as such i would say this is the more narrow that I’ve played in his county. However this doesn’t affect your experience if you’re hitting straight and a well played tee shout will leave you with 150-120 in for a lovely second shot. I really felt this course had some beautiful hole and used the added hazard of water very well. I personally would recommend around here and for £25 you are laughing really.

April 27, 2022