Walsall - Staffordshire - England

West Midlands,
WS1 3EY,

• + 44 (0) 1922 626766

Reviews for Walsall

Description: The Walsall Golf Club was founded in 1907 with a modest 6-hole course, which was extended over the years. The easy-walking parkland course in play today at the Gorway is a 1930 design by Dr Alister MacKenize. Rating: 5 out of 10 Reviews: 1
Jez

Walsall is a lovely parkland course situated around housing estates just south of Walsall.

I really wasn't sure what to expect when I was greeted by the electric gates automatically letting me in. Walking to the tables outside the clubhouse, it's a fantastic place to sit and watch everyone play, with views of the 1st, 18th, 10th and 9th hole all in front of the putting green as they play their way up and down the hill respectively.

The condition is as you would expect for the standard of course, greens a little slow in my opinion but I do have high standards, the fairways were nice enough and the layout, maybe a little bland, not too many holes I can sit and distinctly being better or the best. I quite liked the first and second, nice and easy start, not long holes but relying on a good tee shot for position.

Some of the greens at Walsall are quite small, so precision with your iron shots is a must!

Overall, a friendly atmosphere, a pleasant layout and a good test of golf awaited me at Walsall, and if I'm ever back that way, I'd love to give it another go, good value for money!

May 25, 2021