Founded in 1891, the Ottawa Golf Club – as it was known up until 1912 when King George V granted the club Royal title – moved to its present site a decade after its formation...
Englishman Herbert Strong constructed the original course the Fairmont Manoir Richelieu hotel and US President William H. Taft officially opened it in 1925.
Located within the Kahnawake Indian Reservation and named after the tribe, the course at Kanawaki Golf Club was designed by Charles and Albert Murray. It opened for play just before the First World War.
Regular players regard the Red course at Royal Montreal Golf Club with more respect as a test of all-round golfing skills.
Host to the Canadian Open in 1971 and 1973, the Rouville course is the premier layout at the 36-hole Club de golf de la Vallée du Richelieu.
Solitude, sand dunes, wind and pot bunkers await at the South course at Club de Golf de L'Ile de Montréal. It’s more than a hint of Pat Ruddy’s Ireland.
Elm Ridge Country Club was founded in 1924 and it’s one of three Montreal golf clubs formed by members of the Jewish community who were previously restricted from belonging to other clubs...
The Bleu and Blanc nines at the 27-hole Club de golf Islesmere were laid out by Willie Park Junior back in 1919 and this fine old course has hosted both the Canadian Open (in 1959) and Canadian Women’s Open (in 1987).
Elm Ridge Country Club dates back to 1924 but the club moved from Dorval to its present location on the Ile Bizard in the late 1950s, where members now have the use of two 18-hole layouts, the South and the North.
Members of the Jewish community formed Pinegrove Country Club in 1957, commissioning Howard Watson to lay out a championship course. Such is the quality of this layout, it twice hosted the Canadian Open within its first decade of operation.