Burning Tree Country Club was established in 1962 and Hal Purdy – Robert Trent Jones’ former construction chief – was asked to design the layout. It’s a course of two halves, with an open front nine and a densely wooded back nine.
Founded in 1892 as Fairfield County Golf Club, making it one of the oldest in America, the club subsequently changed its name to Greenwich Country Club then called in Seth Raynor to redesign the original 18-hole layout.
The Hotchkiss School is surrounded by its Seth Raynor-redesigned 9-hole golf course where in 1924 Raynor formed a friendship with English teacher Charles Banks that would later develop into a design partnership.
A.H. Tull, design partner of Devereux Emmet and construction engineer for A.W. Tillinghast, set out the course for the Country Club of Darien in 1958. Fifty years later, Michael Hurdzan carried out a successful renovation of this layout for the club.
Located in Fairfield County, featuring panoramic views across Long Island Sound, the fairways of the Longshore Golf Course occupy what was once an onion farm before it was converted into a municipal golf facility in the mid-1920s by Orrin Smith.
One of Robert Trent Jones’ earliest designs, dating back to 1946, the course at The Patterson Club was renovated by the architect’s son Rees Jones when a new clubhouse was built in 2010.
Fairview Country Club had a Donald Ross-designed layout in play until the development of the Interstate 287 highway in the late 1960s resulted in the club relocating, with Robert Trent Jones Sr. fashioning a new course for the members.
Developed by the City of Danbury, Richter Park Golf Course is laid out on a hilly 180-acre property next to West Lake Reservoir and Boggs Pond, with elevation changes at just about every hole on the card.
Featuring a wonderful closing stretch of holes along Long Island Sound, the course at Shorehaven Golf Club is one of Willie Park Junior's final American projects, co-designing the layout with Robert White, the first PGA President.
Golf at Pequabuck dates back to 1902 but who originally designed Pequabuck Golf Club’s first course is a mystery. What we do know is that Geoffrey Cornish and his partner Bill Robinson stopped by in the ‘60s to build three new holes.