Co-designed by Gene Bates (who formerly worked with Gary Player and Jack Nicklaus) and Johnny Miller, the course at Due Process Stable was built by the proceeds of one of the “Great frauds in history”...
The Hickory, Hamilton Farm Golf Club’s short 18-hole layout, is a wonderful complement to the main course. Challenging holes measure between 127 and 229 yards on the only USGA-rated par three course in the country.
Host venue for the 1973 US Women’s Amateur and the 1985 US Amateur, Montclair Golf Club boasts twenty-seven holes designed by Donald Ross, with a 4th nine from Charles Banks.
The private West course at Royce Brook Golf Club is a late 1990s 18-hole layout from Steve Smyers, where the architect designed the course as a rugged links-style track on an open landscape, featuring fescue grasses and dramatic bunkering.
One of six courses offering a total of 90 holes at the Crystal Springs Golf Resort, the course at Ballyowen Golf Club sits on a 250-acre site with water coming into play at five holes.
The course at Shackamaxon Country Club is an A. W. Tillinghast layout dating back to 1916 so it’s one of the first 18-hole courses the architect ever designed, employing features he would use throughout his career such as flash-faced sand hazards and diagonal cross bunkering.
Two million cubic yards of soil were shifted when Archie Struthers fashioned the fairways at Twisted Dune Golf Club, transplanting a wee flavour of Scottish links onto the Garden State landscape.
Shore Gate Golf Club’s 18-hole course has a pleasing mix of parkland and links-style holes and a fair amount of water to avoid as fairways wind around seven lakes.
Spring Brook Country Club engaged Walter Travis to lay out the original 18-hole course for the members on what was then 180 acres of farmland back in 1921. Ken Dye since renovated this layout at the start of the new millennium.
Located less than a couple of miles from Pine Valley Golf Club, the recently acquired course at Trump National - Philadelphia is a Tom Fazio 18-hole layout that was formerly known as Pine Hill Golf Club.