The shorter and less difficult of two 18-hole layouts at TPC San Antonio, the Canyons course is a Pete Dye design which has hosted the San Antonio Championship on the Champions Tour since 2011.
The course at the Traditions Club is a Nicklaus father and son co-design where more than half the holes have creeks crossing the fairway in front of the green.
Originally laid out by Des Muirhead in 1972, the course at Bent Tree Country Club was renovated thirty years later by Keith Foster. This challenging layout has hosted events on both the LPGA and Champions Tours.
Located 46 miles north of Houston, the Steve Elkington-designed course at Woodforest Golf Club is carved through majestic pines and towering oaks, with the waters of Fish Creek also wandering across the layout.
Situated ten miles southwest of downtown Fort Worth, Mira Vista Country Club was formed in the mid-1980s, when Tom Weiskopf and Jay Morrish routed an 18-hole layout around a 625-acre residential development.
With low density house situated in and around the course, the fairways of the "Signature" Jack Nicklaus-designed layout at Cimarron Hills Golf & Country Club are set around the south fork of the San Gabriel River.
The University of Texas Golf Club boasts a 7,412 yard, par 71 championship course, created by Bechtol Russell Golf Design in 2003. Remarkably, there’s a choice of ten tee positions on every hole to suit golfers of all abilities.
Tom Kite (assisted by Roy Bechtol and Randy Russell) laid out the original 18 holes at The Club at Comanche Trace in 2000 (now called The Hills and The Valley nines) before Jay Morrish added a further 9-hole circuit (called The Creeks) in 2008.
Established in 1896, Dallas Country Club engaged Tom Bendelow to lay out the original course for the membership in 1910. Much has changed since then, including a late 1990s upgrade by Jay Morrish.
The oldest public 18-hole layout in Texas, Brackenridge Park Golf Course in San Antonio has hosted twenty-one editions of the Texas Open from 1922 to 1959. None other than A. W. Tillinghast designed “Old Brack” in 1916.