Canyon Meadows Golf & Country Club was founded in 1957, when an 18-hole course was established within a 175-acre property close to Fish Creek Provincial Park in southwest Calgary.
The original layout was really just the result of a collaboration of a group of locals but the course was then modified by Les Furber in the 1970s before it was later upgraded by the design/construction firm Olson, Beatty and Hnatiuk.
Into the new millennium and Doug Thompson from Golfplan Associates, a subsidiary of the Calgary-based landscape architecture company Lombard North Group, was involved in a renovation program to improve bunkers, add new tees and rebuild greens.
Today, the course extends to 7,158 yards from the back tees, playing to a par of 72, with holes arranged as two retuning nines. Highlights include the 469-yard 7th (the toughest par four on the card) and the par five 18th, requiring an approach over water to the home green.