Richmond Golf Club - Surrey - England

• John Maguire

• Tom Dunn, Tim Lobb

• Steve Burridge

Reviews for Richmond Golf Club

Description: The Richmond Golf Club was originally fashioned by Tom Dunn in 1891 and 120 years later the course was renovated by the firm of Thomson, Perrett and Lobb which resulted in the layout being awarded Renovation of the Year for 2012. Rating: 4 out of 10 Reviews: 1
Nicholas Kjelgaard

The best part of Richmond is the quality of the course. The fairways, greens and tees are immaculate which means playing here is very fair. The course itself is a nice parkland course, where hitting a bit wayward will result in finding trees but also finding your ball. I like this as you are typically punished only by having to hit our sideways.

The course itself does not ask a lot, it’s par 5s are all less than 500 yards and it has too many par 3s for me (6). I am not sure in a month or so how many of the holes I will remember.

I appreciate this is a private club and therefore you pay the price if you want to play as a visitor. However, we left the course thinking that if we had played for 30 quid mid week we would have left thinking that was good value.

September 27, 2019