The Lansdowne course at Blairgowrie Golf Club is routed through swathes of pine and silver birch trees which put a premium on accuracy off the tee.
The Kittocks course (previously known as the Devlin) sweeps alongside the rugged coastline where the views across St Andrews Bay towards the "auld grey toon" are sure to hold your attention.
Powfoot Golf Club was founded in 1903 and the majority of the layout weaves its way beside the Solway Firth and across undulating links land with the last four holes taking on a more park-like appearance.
Originally Torvean Golf Club, Kings Golf Club (named in honour of the 6th century Pictish King Bridei) was established in 2019 and the club's new heath-like course was designed by Glasgow-born architect Stuart Rennie.
The East Renfrewshire Golf Club, or ‘East Ren’ as it is known was established in 1922 and the great James Braid designed the course.
Newmachar is one of the most progressive golf clubs in this area of Scotland, boasting two exceptional 18-hole courses, Swailend and Hawkshill...
The Bruntsfield Links Golfing Society dates back to 1761... but the current parkland course is relatively young, dating back to 1897.
Mortonhall Golf Club is rightly regarded as one of the best parkland courses in the Lothians with many holes characterised by mature trees that define wide, open fairways, leading to large, beautifully tended greens.
Designed by Harry Colt in 1914, the St Andrews Eden course bears many of his "more strategic than punishing" hallmarks, especially the greens, which established the benchmark for modern putting surface design.
Five-time Open champion James Braid designed the Musselburgh Golf Club course at Monktonhall and he, along with Percy Alliss, Henry Cotton and Alf Padgham officially opened the course with a 4-ball match in 1938.