Walter Travis laid out the original nine holes of the Plantation course in 1926 and Dick Wilson added a second nine in the 1960s. Rees Jones then stepped in to perform a complete renovation before much-needed Love returned to the Plantation in 2018.
The 18-hole layout at Druid Hills Golf Club dates back to 1912, when Englishman Herbert Hayden Barker set out the course. Host venue for the US Women’s Open in 1951, it was most recently renovated by Bob Cupp in 2003.
Mike Young designed the layout at The Fields Golf Club in the late 1980s when it was then known as Overlook Links. Following several ownership changes, the course was acquired by Young in 2012 and it’s now operated as a family business.
Greg Norman laid out the golf course at The River Club in 2005 within a luxury housing development where fairways occupy a tract of rolling land beside the Chattahoochee River.
Although Glen Arven Country Club was formed in 1892, the design of the club’s course is credited to architects John van Kleek and Wayne Stiles, who built dozens of well-regarded layouts during the 1920s and 1930s.
Cherokee Town and Country Club was established in 1956; its two separate facilities, the town club and the country club, are set twelve miles apart. The club’s two golf courses, however, are located a few miles north of Sandy Springs, close to Dunwoody.
The Stables and Meadows nines at the 27-hole TPC Sugarloaf complex were Greg Norman’s first US design efforts when they debuted in 1997 with the Pines circuit following three years later.
The course at Piedmont Driving Club lies twenty miles southwest of the main clubhouse, routed around the sparkling waters of Cowart Lake. It’s a Rees Jones production, having been unveiled to critical acclaim at the start of the new millennium.
Originally constructed by Robert Trent Jones Senior in 1968, the University of Georgia Golf Course was recently renovated by Davis Love III, enabling it to cope with the demands of the modern day game.
Formed as a sports and social club in 1867, The Standard Club moved to its present site in 1987 when Arthur Hills set out an 18-hole golf course (subsequently renovated by Mike Riley in 2004) for the members.