Measuring 6,175 metres from the back tees, the course at Hartfield Golf Club is a challenging 18-hole championship layout set in natural bushland on the outskirts of Perth with views of the Darling Range from many of the holes.
The 18-hole layout at Dunsborough Lakes Golf Club is set out as two large loops of nine holes that are routed around a substantial residential development, with water providing the main challenge over the home stretch, starting at the 15th.
The Old course at the Wembley Golf Course complex in Perth dates back to 1932, when Walter Fox set out the initial eighteen holes in the southeast section of a massive 36-hole public facility that extends to 300 acres.
Pinjarra Golf Club moved to its current location in 1938, establishing an initial 9-hole course. When a further 35 adjoining acres were purchased in 1963, Murray Dawson was called in to fashion the 18-hole layout that’s still in play today.
With fairways carved from native bushland, the course at Augusta Golf Club is set high on the cliff tops of Leeuwin Ridge, just nine kilometres from the most south-westerly point on the Australian mainland at the Cape Leeuwin lighthouse. The sand greens are almost as slick as its “National” namesake.
Nestled in the peaceful Collie River Valley, the course at Collie Golf Club is set in the middle of a forest and bordered by the beautiful Collie River. Configured with two returning nines, the layout extends to 6,004 metres from the back markers.
Founded in 1947, Rockingham Golf Club moved a short distance from its original location to a new site next to Lake Cooloongup in 1985, with Murray Dawson carving out an 18-hole course from native bush.
Broome Golf Club was formed in 1967 as Roebuck Bay Golf Club but changed its name in 1992. Occupying an economical 75-acre property with no formal bunkers in play, the course measures just under 6,000 metres from the back tees.
Located in the heart of the Karri forest region, the course at Manjimup Country Club is a tight, undulating 18-hole layout with small greens that are often lightning quick and difficult to read due to the bamboozling contours.
Geraldton Golf Club dates back to 1926, moving to its current location six years later. In the early days, the course comprised dirt fairways and sand scrapes for putting surfaces, with grass greens only introduced in the late 1970s.