Site of the US Women’s Amateur in 1920, the Mayfield course at Mayfield Sand Ridge Club is a classic Golden Age design that’s laid out across a rolling landscape, with a couple of creeks coming into play on occasion.
Founded in 1909, Hyde Park Golf & Country Club engaged Donald Ross to set out the course in 1920. Tim Liddy has recently restored the layout, researching old drawings before he expanded greens and remodelled bunkers.
Occupying a property around a mile from the southern shores of Lake Erie, the course at Westwood Country Club is a C.H. Alison design, one of only two Ohio courses to bear the architectural stamp of Harry Colt’s associate.
One of two courses owned by the Mayfield Sand Ridge Club, Sand Ridge is an elegant course located in the western foothills of the Appalachian Mountains around 30 miles from Cleveland.
A typical Dick Wilson track from the late 1950s, the 18-hole layout at Coldstream Country Club ends with three long, demanding, heavily bunkered par fours.
Designed by Canadian architect Stanley Thompson in the 1920s, the Sleepy Hollow Golf Course opened as a private country club on property rented from the local authority before it became public in 1963.
The tree-lined layout at Manakiki Golf Course has been in operation as a public golf facility since 1961. Originally set out by Donald Ross, the course was extensively upgraded during the early 1990s, restoring much of its design intent.
A former PGA Champions Tour venue, the TPC at River’s Bend course is routed around housing units within a residential development to the northeast of Cincinnati.
Established in 1894, Portage Country Club moved to its present location a decade after its formation. Ten years then passed before land became available, allowing William Langford to extend the course to 18 holes.
The course at Little Mountain Country Club is one of three operated by the same company with all three emanating from the drawing boards at Hurdzan/Fry Design.