In 1919, Mohawk Golf & Country Club in Tiffin started out with a 9-hole course designed by Donald Ross. Today, the club’s 18-hole layout is the home course to the golf teams from both Tiffin University and Heidelberg University.
The Woodlands and Lakeside nines were fashioned by Arthur Hills at Shaker Run Golf Club in 1979. Despite the addition of a third nine two decades later, it’s the original 18-hole course that remains the premier layout here.
Owner Joe Salemi acquired the 200-acre Boulder Creek Golf Club property in Streetsboro at the end of the 1990s then he set about designing each and every hole of the course himself.
Laid out on a rolling landscape to the southeast of Cleveland, the tree-lined fairways at Sugar Bush Golf Club comprise one of the region’s sportier layouts. It’s a lightly bunkered track, with water coming into play at three holes.
Opened for business in 1995, the Championship layout at the Golf Club at Yankee Trace comprises the original Heritage and Legend nines at an exceptional public 27-hole golf facility which was designed by Gene Bates.
Brian Huntley routed the course at Kennsington Golf Club around the Westford Lifestyle Community residential development, where tree-lined holes flirt with sparkling lakes and scenic ravines. Playing to a par of 71, the layout can be stretched to 7,050 yards.
Located just across Muirfield Drive from Jack's flagship golf club, The Country Club at Muirfield Village completed a 5-year, phased course renovation in 2019, resulting in the upgrade of all the sand hazards (using Better Billy Bunker liners) and the installation of a new irrigation system.
Coppertop Golf Club ( formerly known as Coppertop at Cherokee Hills) – which operated up until 1981 as Valley Forge Golf Club – measures only 6,269 yards from the back tees, with only two par fives on the scorecard, at the 9th and 15th holes.
Host venue for the last ever PGA Championship played as a match play contest in 1957, the course at Miami Valley Golf Club is an original Donald Ross design dating back to the club’s formation in 1919.
William Langford set out the 18 holes at Clovernook Country Club in the early 1920s and the layout has since been renovated by both William Diddel and Arthur Hills. It was also an LPGA tour stop from 1965 to 1968.