First opened for play in 1952, the course at Belmont Golf & Bowls is draped across a very scenic strip of land between Lake Maquarie and the Pacific Ocean, where sandy soiled fairways overlook a two-kilometre beach frontage.
Situated close to Mount Warning National Park, the course at Murwillumbah Golf Club has been operating in recent years under the watchful eye of architect Richard Chamberlain, who drew up a master plan for the club in 2012.
Lakeside Golf Club Camden was formed in 1993, when Peter Thomson fashioned the links-style layout. To keep pace with modern golfing developments, the club embarked on an ambitious 3-year course renovation program at the start of 2016.
Coolangatta and Tweed Heads Golf Club lies on the banks on the Tweed River, close to where it empties into the Pacific Ocean, and it manages two highly regarded 18-hole public access courses, the West and the River.
From its humble beginnings when a rudimentary 9-hole sand scrape course opened in 1903, it took another fifty years before Corowa Golf Club had grass greens and tees. Today the thriving 27-hole facility even sports a 58-seat boutique cinema.
Geoff and Ted Parslow laid out the East course at Rich River Golf Club in 1985. Peter Thomson installed quite a few pot bunkers in the late 1990s before Ross Perrett developed a master plan for the club.
The course at Cromer Golf Club dates back more than ninety years, with Deputy Premier E.A. Buttenshaw hitting the first tee shot on 8th June 1929. Interestingly, the name of the club at that time was Dee Why Golf Links. Within three years, eighteen holes were in play.
The Gangurru course at Riverside Oaks is the club’s original layout and it’s the very competent understudy to the highly rated Bungool layout. Undoubtedly one of the country’s best public access layouts, Gangurru has recently upped its game following a bunker refurbishment programme.
The Lake course is the slightly shorter 18-hole Peter Thomson-designed layout at the 45-hole Yarrawonga Mulwala Golf Club Resort where lovely views over Lake Mulwala mirror the water hazards which form an integral part of the course design.
The West course at Rich River Club is a Geoff and Ted Parslow co-design from the late 1970s. They then returned in the mid-1980s to complete a second 18-hole layout at the club, the East.