First opened for play in 1901, the 5406-metre course at Bowral Golf Club has undergone a number of modifications down the years but the one constant factor regarding this 18-hole layout is that it still retains its old-fashioned out-and-back routing.
Laid out within a compact 90-acre property near the centre of town, the tree-lined fairways at Commercial Albury Golf Club have been in operation since the club was founded in 1901. Unusually, a round starts here with consecutive par fives.
Cumberland Country Golf Club has taken great care in recent years to develop its irrigation system to the extent that it can now ensure pristine playing conditions no matter how tough drought conditions become during any given year.
Warringah Golf Club started out in 1935 with a modest 9-hole course at North Manley which has developed into a popular and not too taxing 18-hole parkland test that measures a little less than 5,500 yards from the tips.
Founded in 1927, Carnarvon Golf Club moved to a new location in 1933 before decamping to its current premises just after World War II. Arthur East designed the club’s 18-hole layout which opened in 1949 after a 2-year build.
Situated in the heart of the Blue Mountains, the course at Wentworth Falls Country Club is a Dan Soutar design which began in 1913 as a 9-hole layout. Eight of these original holes still feature in the modern day 18-hole course.
In the early 1920s, Carnegie Clark designed the original 9-hole layout for Highlands Golf Club, which was known back then as Mittagong Municipal Links. A second nine didn’t appear until 1974, with the new layout officially opened in December that year.
Located on Lake Albert, the course at Wagga Wagga Country Club is a Dan Soutar design which took two years to construct after the club’s 1928 inauguration. Today, it’s an 18-hole championship track measuring 6,054 metres from the back tees.
Brighton Lakes Recreation & Golf Club (formerly New Brighton Golf Club) has had its course altered twice in modern times due to road works and housing developments and on both occasions architect Bob Harrison has stepped in to reconfigure a new 18-hole layout for the club.
The remarkable history of Bondi Golf & Diggers Club dates back to 1926 when the Diggers Club was founded to pay respect to fallen soldiers. The golf club's short, quirky and fun 9-hole clifftop golf course is set spectacularly overlooking the famous Bondi Beach, harbour and Sydney skyline.