One of Ontario’s public access gems, the Timber Ridge golf course dates back to the 1990s and was designed by local architect Steven Ward.
Barrie Country Club celebrated its centenary in 2013 but the course has only been in play since 1970, following a move to a new 200-acre site. Graham Cooke has since carried out a new millennium renovation of the layout.
Located just outside Cambridge, the fairways at Whistle Bear Golf Club were laid out at the turn of the new millennium by John Robinson on a property that has had eighteen previous owners. When it came to naming the holes, there was only one option available for the current owner.
The Legends on the Niagara golf facility extends to more than 1,000 acres, encompassing 45-holes in three different layouts. Battlefield, the flagship 18-hole course, is a Doug Carrick production which played host to the Canadian Women’s Open in 2004.
Designed by Rene Muylaert in 1993, the course at The Oaks Golf Club occupies a 150-acre site above the Thames River Valley, featuring links-inspired holes on the front nine followed by half a dozen water-laden holes on the back nine.
Water comes into play at all eighteen holes on the pay-and-play, Michael Hurdzan-designed Royal Woodbine Golf Club, but the Toronto club did not come by its regal title legitimately.
A modern Tom McBroom design that opened for play in 2005, the 18-hole layout at Ambassador Golf Club hosted several prestigious provincial championships for the Golf Association of Ontario during its first decade of operation.
Two-time host to the Canadian Open in 1923 and 1934, the Lakeview Golf Course is steeped in history and this traditional parkland layout was originally designed by Herbert Strong.
The Ladies’ Golf Club of Toronto course opened in 1926, two years after Ada Mackenzie founded the club. Stanley Thompson designed the layout and it was the son of one of his associates, David Moote, who renovated the layout in 2005.
The Club at North Halton started out with a 9-hole course designed by George Cumming in 1914. Fifty years later, a change of ownership resulted in this Cedar Crest course being extended to the 18-hole layout that’s now in play.