Lightly bunkered and with only one water hazard in play, the course at Kankakee Elks Country Club is a mid-1920s William Langford and Theodore Moreau layout which was carved out of forested terrain on the banks of the Kankakee River.
Keith Foster designed the Shepherd’s Crook golf course in 1999. Located in the Zion Park District, north of Chicago, the links-like layout harks back to Golden Age designs and was fashioned with classic strategy in mind.
Designed as a links-like layout, the course at Gateway National Golf Links is a Keith Foster design which is routed through a landscape of native grasses and tranquil wetland areas just a short distance away from St Louis city center.
The Preserve at Oak Meadows in Addison re-opened in 2017 after a multi-million dollar redesign by Greg Martin of Rich Harvest Farms fame, where the main objective of the project was the repositioning of holes on higher ground, away from the flood-prone waters of Salt Creek.
Located 40 miles northwest of downtown Chicago, the course at Barrington Hills Country Club is a George O’Neil design that dates back to 1921. Tom Doak’s Renaissance Golf Design has consulted here for a number of years now.
Designed by Michael Hurdzan, the Annbriar Golf Course in Waterloo is named after Ann Nobbe, the daughter of the owners, who tragically died in an automobile accident three years before the public pay and play facility opened in 1993.
Founded as Briergate Country Club in 1921, when C. H. Alison set out the original golf course, the club was renamed as Briarwood Country Club in 1958. The Illinois Open was held here for the first time in more than fifty years in 2017.
William Watson laid out the original course at Westmoreland Country Club in 1912. The unusual pairing of William Langford and A.W. Tillinghast redesigned the layout ten years later before Patty Berg claimed the 1938 U.S. Women's Amateur here.
The parkland golf course at Cantigny is laid out in three 9-hole circuits that present all manner of challenges as they wind their way in and out of wooded areas, past a dozen lakes and a couple of creeks...
In 1920, twenty-two years after its formation, Hinsdale Golf Club invited David Foulis to transform the penal design of its original course into one of the best strategic layouts in the Chicago area – a process that took twenty years.