The course at Idlewild Country Club hosted the 1912 Western Open, only four years after the club’s formation. Featuring five par three holes and five par fives, the layout was subsequently renovated during the Depression by William Langford.
Unveiled in 1998, the course at Mistwood Golf Club was recently renovated by original architect Ray Hearn. Fairways are routed around a 65-acre lake with water – in the form of creeks, wetlands and ponds – coming into play at every hole.
A mid-1980s Joe Lee and Rocky Roquemore creation superimposed over a 1929 William Flynn layout, Pine Meadow Golf Club is now a thoroughly modern course that sports no fewer than seven sets of tees, which range from 7,238 to 5,272 yards.
The Port course at Harborside International Golf Center opened for public play in 1995, with the Starboard course following a year later. Both 18-layouts are Dick Nugent designs, constructed in the style of traditional links courses.
The sporting centrepiece of a 616-acre residential community, the 18-hole public course at Bowes Creek Country Club is a Rick Jacobson design that first opened for daily fee play in 2008.
Featuring bentgrass fairways and greens, the course at Blackstone Golf Club in Marengo weaves its way past twenty-six acres of wetlands. All told, thirteen holes come into direct contact with these beautiful, yet unnerving hazards.
The Blue and White nines at Northmoor Country Club comprise the course of first choice at this 27-hole facility where Michael Hurdzan recently renovated the bunkers using Better Billy Bunker liner with Black Beauty fescue edging.
Located approximately 8 miles southwest of downtown Chicago, La Grange Country Club was established in 1899 and moved to its present location in 1913 to a Tom Bendelow and William Langford-designed 18-hole course with a routing of outer and inner nines.
The layout at Stonebridge Country Club is a late-1980s Tom Fazio design set at the heart of a residential development with a professional tournament pedigree, hosting the PGA Ameritech Senior Open from 1991 to 1995 then the LPGA Kellogg-Keebler Classic from 2002 to 2004.
Designed by Dick Nugent in the mid-1990s, the Port course at the 36-hole Harborside International Golf Center is a links-style layout set close to Lake Calumet, where all the bunkers were renovated by Lohmann Golf Design in 2017.